Career Technical Institute’s (CTI) Financial Aid Office will explain what student financial aid is available to you and help you apply
We’ll explain how you might qualify for financial assistance under one of these educational benefits programs:for the various federal, state and/or private sources.
- Federal Financial Aid
- Private Student Loans
- Veteran’s Administration
- Workforce Investment Act
For more information, contact the Financial Aid Department at:
For Campus: 202-467-4233 ext. 198/202-467-4223 ext. 124
For Distance Education: 202-552-3062
Create FSA ID
Create FSA ID or electronic signature. (Parents and students must obtain separate FSA ID’s.)
To complete the FAFSA, you will need the following information:
- Prior year (2015) federal income tax returns or W-2’s
- Your parents prior year (2015) federal income tax return transcripts (if you are a dependent student)
- All forms of untaxed income, such as: Child Support, Workers Compensation, Disability Income
- Current investment records – statements, if applicable (business and personal)
- If not a US citizen; your alien registration or permanent resident card number
All applicants are encouraged to transfer their tax return information from the IRS to their FAFSA application.
Steps for applying for financial aid
- Complete the FAFSA by going to: www.fafsa.gov.The Federal school code for Career Technical Institute is 031043.
- Complete the Federal Stafford Loan Entrance counseling session for undergraduate students at studentloans.gov ( School state: District of Columbia, School: Career Technical Institute)
- Complete the Master Promissory Note at studentloans.gov ( School state: District of Columbia, School: Career Technical Institute)
To complete your entrance counseling and MPN